The goal of NCACE is to maximize the availability of qualified coaches for all sport programs. Through a rigorous review process and forward-thinking leadership, NCACE provides the highest quality, empirically-based guidance for the creation, implementation, and evaluation of coach education and coach development programs. The accreditation process reviews programs based on the following 15 Accreditation Guidelines:
1. Mission and Objectives of Program
2. Systematic Oversight of All Aspects of the Program
3. Maintains Complete and Systematic Records of Program Activities
4. Qualified Administrative Leader
5. Instructional Staff Demonstrates Expertise
6. Demonstration of Effective Teaching Skills and Delivery of Content
7. Instructor/Participant Ratio Provide for Interaction
8. Instructional Staff Knowledgeable of the NSSC
9. Program Evaluation to Assess Effectiveness
10. Transparency of Program Materials to Participants
11. Reliable and Valid Assessment
12. Appropriate Practical Field Experiences
13. Clear and Inclusive Entry Qualifications
14. Content of coach education and coach development programs based on SHAPE America’s National Standards for Sport Coaches;
15. Sufficient Instructional Time
I know my program does not meet all of the National Standards. Can I still get accredited?
How will my program be evaluated to determine accreditation status?
A review panel of coach education experts who have been trained in the NCACE Accreditation process will review your folio against the 16 Accreditation Guidelines. Further information regarding the review process and criteria will be provided during the training process.
How can I get my program accredited?
Complete this application and submit it to receive more information about accreditation process and be enrolled in the training programs.
What programs currently have their programs accredited?
Click here to see a list of the currently accredited programs.